Advantages of extruded ceramics for Ventilated Facades
The main factors you have to consider in the selection of the material for your project are:
- Quality. High standard quality along with flexible design.
- Profitability. Price is important, but also fast installation, low maintenance, and durability are as well.
- Variety in color, format and finishes.
Extruded ceramic for ventilated facades allows you to choose formats of your liking, being able to innovate on the surface, as well as the texture, thus playing with a rhythm of contrasts and lights, being able to combine it with other products.
The initial process in designing a project is very much influenced by flexibility and the variety of formats, colors, textures and finishes.
Faveton offers many formats and designs among its products, being able to combine horizontal and vertical panels on the same facade. Moreover, having the possibility to develop a wide range of colors customized to the liking of the customer, ranging among wood, textile, rock, and terracota finishes.
No maintenance costs
Above all, extruded ceramic materials for our ventilated facades have high durability without any maintenance costs due to low absorption, high durability, and high breaking strength. Also, Faveton offers a long term warranty for its products.
Ceramics by default are non combustable products, knowing that they undergo a cooking process of 1280 ºC for four hours. Furthermore, our system as a whole has passed several fire tests achieving A1 rating. (Tests are indicated below)
Faveton tiles and Faveton system are certified under the NFPA 285, ASTM D1929 – 16 and UNE – EN 13501 with A1 classification.
Energy saving with ventilated façades
Having an external insulation system, the building´s energy consumption is reduced, both in low and high temperature cases because of the chimney effect produced by a ventilated facade.
This graphic shows the chimney effect.
Summer: Building’s radiant energy is reduced.
Winter: The heat spreading effect is reduced.
Black arrow: SATURATION PRESSURE
Grey arrow: REAL PRESSURE
Faveton Elar Tiles
ELAR material is an extruded ceramic for ventilated facades offering flat and roof tile designs, creating a dynamical aspect due to the shades created by the impact of light.
Review more colors and finishes
- The brackets are fixed using the adequate anchor bolt.
- Now the vertical profile is fixed on to the brackets using self-drilling screws and torque wrench to torque down to spec.
- After the desired start level is determined, the horizontal profiles are fixed on the vertical profiles (if any) using self-drilling screws.
- Using adequate PU based sealant, place a bead of the sealant on four corners of the panels back side in the grooves where the panel contacts with the horizontal profile.
Stay informed of our news and events following our networks.
Let us help you and for any queries, please dont hesitate to contact us: